Please CLICK the LIKE BUTTON!
A lot of young people want to be a model because it's glamorous, lucrative and a great way to earn money while you are studying. Modeling is extremely competitive, and the industry is filled with rejection, but to be successful you have to be consistent.
Here are some ways on how to start modeling.
1. You need updated and new pictures taken by a professional photographer. This is very important since pictures are the best way to promote yourself online. It is also the requirement that model and casting agencies ask for. They usually ask for a model setcard. We can help you with your model setcard, it includes the hair and make up, a cd of your photoshoot and the photographer's fee, you can learn more about it here.
2. Once you have your model setcards, then you can look for model agencies that is willing to sign you up as their talents. There are a lot of talent agents that will convince you to be part of their talent pool. It's up to you do decide whether that agent will help you attain your goals. There are talent agents for television, for bikini open contests, for tv commercials and for events. Each has it's own strengths. It is up to who as to what kind of jobs that you prefer.
3. Take Care of Yourself! Features indicative of good health are a must. Eat healthy, work out, take care of your outer appearance (and inner peace of mind), and look good in clothes. It's a simple equation, but it's harder than you might think to execute. Eat healthy food. Exercise regularly.
4. Decide what kind of model you hope to be. Technically, anybody can be a model. However, do remember that if you don't meet certain requirements, the work available to you will be incredibly limited, and you may have to compensate in other departments (reliability, technique, etc). It is important to know what kind of jobs that is suited for you. There are a lot of modeling jobs, you just have to know what jobs that are appropriate for you.
- A Plus Size Model: If your body is full and curvaceous, you may be able to be a plus size model. There are plus sizes stores in Metro Manila that are in need of plus size models.
- A Runway Model: Most women on the catwalk are at least 5'9, very skinny, and small-breasted. This is perfect for the Philippine Fashion Week.
- A Print Model: Most editorial female models are at least 5'7, but a beautiful face with great personality are really important for print models. Height is just an option. You can be a print model for FABE Magazine. FABE magazine offers a great opportunity for aspiring models to have an experience of a magazine shoot and at the same time, have a print exposure of themselves right away.
- An Underwear Model: For women, this requires large breasts but small hips . For men this requires broad shoulders but slim waists. This is very lucrative since a lot of photographers are booking models as their models for their open photoshoots and club shoots. Pay rate ranges from 3k to 10k per day.
- Television Commercial models - this is the most lucrative. It also open to any looks. Strong and unique faces is perfect here. Faces that have character will likely to land jobs in television commercials. Strong brands like detergents, fastfood outlets like Jollibee and Mcdonalds are always on the lookout for unique faces. What may be beautiful for you may not be beautiful for the client. So anybody can be a television commercial model.
- Other Types of Modeling: If you don't fit any of the face or body descriptions, perhaps you can be a foot, hair, or hand model. There's also the option of being an alternative model.
- Television Extras - this is perfect for students who want to experience a movie shoot. Movie extras is very popular in Manila. A lot of aspiring models use this as their stepping stone in entering mainstream cinema.
Consider your "look". Then look and focus on the jobs that is appropriate for your looks.
5. Expose yourself on activities that are related to modelling. One such activity is the FABE Print Magazine Project. It allows a beginner or an aspiring model to experience :
- a professional model setcard photoshoot
- a fashion show runway
- and lastly, a print exposure. All registrants of FABE Magazine will come out in the magazine. Your face will be available for everyone to see at all National Bookstores, Powerbooks and Fully Booked. It is also avaible in 7-11's and at airports nationwide.
For a reasonable registration fee, you are able to get great exposure. You will meet a lot of other models and from there, you can start your way into the modelling world. Click here on how to Join the FABE Magazine Print Project.
You can also make a photoshoot schedule by texting 0916.654.5707 or 0942.350.5285, just look for Vic.